Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Seattle Away shirts leaked

The great website that is FSC has released a leaked picture of the 2011/12 Seattle Sounders FC away shirts. Though I don't like the Adidas skin tight style, I do like the colour combination of black and green. I'm quite glad to see SSFC straying from the blue shirts they previously wore for road matches. Sporting KC, FC Dallas, Chivas USA, Vancouver, New England, NY Red Bulls, Colorado and Philly Union all wear (at least last season) some shade of blue on their shirt. Word is that Colorado will be going to a white shirt this next season.

I'm hoping MLS teams will start having more dynamic road shirts and not necessarily stick to an away kit that is all white (ala Chicago Fire and DCU). I am a fan of Portland having a red away kit when red isn't a colour in their badge; but is red due to the nickname of the city (Rose City). Also, more MLS teams need third kits and to actually wear them during the MLS season. Salt Lake had a fantastic yellow third kit last season, but to my knowledge never wore them in MLS action.

MLS needs to spend more time in the marketing of kits much like teams do in Europe. In other American sports one jersey style seems to be fine for years, but not in soccer. One of my favourite aspects of being a Liverpool supporters is seeing the new kit every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment