Monday, May 23, 2011

MLS Tickets

I was having a look in my spam mailbox this morning and came across an email from a person in the Sporting KC ticket office. It was an informal email asking if I would be interested in receiving info on KC's ticket plans. I wasn't sure what to think of this. Yes, it was nice to have someone email me and ask if I'd like to hear the sales pitch, but I also felt it was a little minor league. I know it is practice in MLS to cold call people and try and sell them tickets to matches which is an innovative marketing strategy. Though it is controversial. I am massively turned off by someone sending me an email (or calling) in hopes I come out to see the club this season, or any club for that matter.

 This is the first time I've been contacted by the ticketing department, and I wonder if they're having trouble moving single-game and small package ticket plans now that the season isn't going as well as predicted/hoped. I wasn't even contacted for season ticket sales. Sitting in last place doesn't attract the casual fan and even some hardcore fans every week despite a $180million new stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment